This is my wife’s favorite cocktails (also one of my favorites), we don’t have it all the time, but when we do, I need to remember the measurements every time. So why not just make my own blog, so I get everything perfect, ever time.
I will give you the standard measurements, and then the measurements that I use. You will need a cocktail shaker for this cocktail.
- 45mL tequila
- 25mL juice from freshly squeezed limes (or lime juice)
- 15mL Cointreau
- 5mL sugar syrup
Now, the above makes a nice standard drink, but for me I wanted more…
- 90mL tequila
- 50mL juice from freshly squeezed limes (or lime juice)
- 30mL Cointreau
- 5-10mL sugar syrup
These are the spirits I am using at the time of writing this, you can of course choose your own favorites
Próspero Añejo Tequila
Cointreau Orange Liqueur
This is why I love this cocktail, it is super easy to make, and then even easier to enjoy.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, freshly squeezed lime juice, syrup and ice to your cocktail shaker
- Shake Shake Shake Shake, and Shake some more
- Get one of the left over limes and run it around the rim of your glass, then salt the rim of your glass
- Grab a strainer and pour your creation into the glass